Monday, November 7, 2016

On the Draft

I feel that the draft is for men. In fact, I feel the combat arms jobs are for men, but that ship has sailed.

When a nation can no longer raise enough military age males to defend itself through volunteer means, the country has already lost as a nation. The nation has lost its ability to continue as a nation due to loss of people who care enough about the nation's will to fight.

I am against any draft for women, and am against any draft at all in general. A nation has already rolled over when it cannot raise men to fight.

I pointed out on this opinion on the old Twitter account (the one I deleted) and had several military officers suggesting the US government would never quit without a draft. I concur, but the US government doesn't always act in a moral manner, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment