Friday, March 25, 2016

On Good Friday

Today, I got a lot done. Despite that, I tried to keep my focus on Jesus. It is Good Friday. I admit I am not the perfect Christian. I have some beliefs that differ from the Orthodox while at the same time, I believe the essential might have been stripped from Christianity. Some of that is due to the fact that we do not have original manuscripts. Yes, I know that Dead Sea Scroll copies of early texts are a lot like modern Old Testament books. Yes, I know that translation does not destroy, but only changed meaning a little bit. Yes, I know that we have early copies of New Testament books.

I still believe that modern practice of Christianity has little similarity to early Christianity.

Yet, I refuse to believe I am lost due to this.

I am a Protestant, but I am not an ideal one.

This is a day I feel my religion closer than many others.

No comments:

Post a Comment