Monday, June 13, 2016

Response.

Work is going steady. I am in my third week out of my ten-week (this term happens to have ten classes out of a normal 11-week term) term. My students and I normally grab more rapport over time.

I am having a very busy day. I have laundry, some shopping, homeschooling, blogging, and cooking all to do and most of it is done. I like busy. It gets hard if I hit snags, but I love to have a full schedule.

I am listening to Mike Cernovich's Thinking Big podcast (check out his excellent Gorilla Mindset). I have done some reading on Lt. Col. Poole's Afrique: A Warning for America. I am feeling like re-reading Taleb's Antifragile: Things That Gain from Disorder (Incerto) as a response to the Orlando incident.

I try always to have a response to big events. Most of the time, it is double down on productivity or re-reading a book. What do you do to react to real events? I would recommend self-defense training. I would recommend more frequent exercise. Only your body can respond to events faster than you know they are happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment